We believe that the pursuit of knowledge is a lifelong quest, and Alumni College is a rich opportunity to enjoy that learning experience again and to sample the recent research and academic courses of Wright State's distinguished faculty.
Participants experience today's Wright State state-of-the-art classrooms, facilities, and dorms. When you're not in class, Alumni College offers a chance to mingle with your fellow "classmates" who make up a broad spectrum of Wright State alumni from various class years, majors, and regions. Alumni College offers a variety of "classes without quizzes" that explore subjects so current you could find them in today's headlines. Alumni College weekend is held each August.
Alumni College 2016 session descriptions:
- An analysis of the Steven Avery trial from the Netflix documentary “Making a Murderer” by Dan Krane, Professor in the Department of Biological Sciences and renowned DNA expert.
- The American Election (2016) by Donna Schlagheck, retired Chair of the Department of Political Science
- Who have been our best Presidents? by Jim Sayer, retired Chair of the Department of Communication and Lake Campus Dean
- The Politics of the End-Times in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam by David Barr, Professor Emeritus of Religion and 2004 Brage Golding Distinguished Professor or Research
- A tour and student film screening in the new Tom Hanks Center for Motion Pictures.
- Will the real Megalodon please swim forward? by Chuck Ciampaglio, Professor and Earth and Environmental Sciences and Discovery Channel Shark Week Expert
- From Ashes to Action: Medicine and The Holocaust (includes a field trip to the Air Force Museum Holocaust Exhibit) by David B. Schuster, Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Boonshoft School of Medicine
Hamilton Hall Dormitory
Hamilton Hall was the first campus dormitory and houses approximately 320 students during the school year. The dorm is conveniently located next to the Student Union, completely handicapped accessible, and provides access to Wright State's famous tunnel sytem. The dorm has a mix of doubles and triples with shared bathrooms on each floor. The dorm has a commons area and vending machines.
Alumni College overnight participants will be housed on the 1st floor and breakfast on Sunday morning for all Alumni College participants will be served in the Hamilton Hall commons area.